Join us on Thursday, March 3rd, 2016, for our annual Education Day event.
This year’s topic is branding.
- Date: Thursday, March 3
- Registration: 8:30 a.m.
- Workshop: 9 a.m.
- Meet the Pros: 10 a.m.
- Lunch and Portfolios: Noon
- AdChef Competition: 1:15 p.m.
- Travel to Agency: 3:30 p.m.
- Agency Visit: 4 p.m.
- Location: Kirkwood Community College, Third Floor, Iowa Hall, 6301 kirkwood Boulevard Southwest, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Cost: $25 Students, $35 Non-Students, FREE for Professionals and Faculty
- Workshop = learn with an expert about their subject matter
- Meet the Pros = speed networking between students and professionals
- Lunch & Portfolios = eat while sharing constructive criticism of student work
- AdChef = a collaborative competition that uses themes and elements related to the Education Day event
- Social Hour = time for faculty members and professionals to unwind and mingle
- Agency Visit = travel to a professional’s office and learn about their experiences in the industry
DOWNLOAD THE POSTER (PDF)
Students come together to learn about relevant topics in the advertising world through the exchange of ideas, networking with peers and professionals, and demonstrating capabilities on-site in an engaging and supportive environment.
Who is eligible
Students currently enrolled, full-time in an accredited institution ($25); non-enrolled Learners and recent graduates not yet working in the advertising/marketing fields ($35)
|Gerard Estella||Director of Creative Experience, North Forty||All day|
|Jake Vande Weerd||Director of Creative Vision, North Forty||All day|
|LeeAnn Eddins||Designer, Freelance||10 AM to 3:30 PM|
|Justin McDonald||Marketing Solutions Manager, Cedar Graphics||10 AM to 3:30 PM|
|Rebecca Smith||Founder and CEO, LodeStar Engineering LLC||10 AM to 3:30 PM|
|Simeon Talley||Founder, Iowa Fashion Project and FlyOver Fashion Fest||10 AM to 3:30 PM|
|Chris Ortman||Senior Application/Web Developer, University of Iowa||10 AM to 2 PM|
|Amy Austin||Strategic Health Care Marketing Coach, Amy Austin Marketing||10A M to 1:30 PM|
|Jay Cooper||Web Designer/Developer and Media Producer, Freelance||10 AM to 1 PM|
|Andrea Dietzenbach||Brand Director, GoDaddy||10 AM to 1 PM|
|Benjamin Hartin||Writer, The Writer Benjamin||10 AM to 1 PM|
|Stu Eddins||Manager of Online Marketing, MedTouch||10:30 AM to 3 PM|
|Jessalyn Holdcraft||Director of Marketing, NewBoCo||Noon to 2 PM|
|Faraz Shah||Designer, Flow Media||Noon to 1 PM|